Every year, the traffic commissioners publish their annual report. You may have read their most recent report, which covers 2017/18.
As part of their commitment to transparency, the commissioners publish statistics on their licensing and regulatory work.
Below are some of the interesting figures from 2017/18.
Goods & PSV operators
- Licences held: 72,547 goods / 8756 PSV
- Vehicles: 378,476 goods / 95,634 PSV discs issued
- Applications: 11,714 goods / 1231 PSV
- Public inquiries (non compliance): 810 goods / 181 PSV
- Licences revoked: 261 goods / 86 PSV
- Licences suspended: 104 goods / 11 PSV
- Operator disqualifications: 82 goods / 28 PSV
- Transport manager disqualifications: 105 goods / 39 PSV
- Vocational licence applications refused: 2798
- Vocational licences revoked: 262
- Vocational licences suspended: 838
- Drivers called to conduct hearing: 3290
Cases closed: 21,222