Grey Fleet report found that employees travel 12 billion miles a year in 14 million grey fleet vehicles, costing employers around £5.5 billion
Your business needs to take an effective approach to reduce road risks in their business. However DriverCheck has found that for many different reasons some businesses are less stringent with grey fleet vehicles, failing to manage the safety of these vehicles or impart the need of these standards to their drivers, so managing grey fleet has never been more important than now, contact DriverCheck to help you deploy our electronic grey fleet management software system.
- Develop and deploy a Grey Fleet Policy
- Identify your Grey Fleet users in your business
- Ensure the Grey Fleet vehicle is used only when necessary for business use
- Appoint a member of the management in your business who is responsible normally form the Fleet, HR or H&S discipline.
- Communicate your Grey Fleet policy to your Grey Fleet Drivers
- Ensure your Grey Fleet driver understands they are responsible for ensuring the roadworthiness of their vehicle
- Their driving credentials such as their MOT, road tax and business insurance are valid and up to date, via the DriverCheck Grey Fleet management software solution
- Enforce your Grey Fleet policy, and enhance this dramatically by utilising DriverChecks system which will even send electronic reminders to the drivers